Check out this wonderfully vibrant short featuring some pretty incredible visual and sonic effects.
- Australia launches world’s first continent-spannning acoustic observatory
- Oysters and scallops: no ears, but they still hate loud ocean noises
- Fishermen blasting “seal bombs” 30,000 times a month off Southern California
- SD county learns that 2000ft setbacks not quite enough
- VT legislature accepts turbine noise limits, drops setback requirement
- Finally, FAA is sued for resisting required air tour plans
- Shipping, conservation expand in the Arctic
- SD farm country adopting larger turbine setbacks
- BLM to reassess motorized recreation in Utah’s red rock country
- Why do we subject endangered orcas to ANY commercial whale-watching?
Tag Itacoustic ecology Acoustic Ecology Institute Almo Farina Animals. Sound Design Attention Philanthropy Autumn Lyn Radle Bernie Krause biodiversity Chris Watson commercial soundscapes Doppler engineered ambience field recording film Hildergaard Westerkamp Inception John Cage Late Reflections manufactured emotions Murray Schafer Music niche hypothesis podcast Resources Save Our Sounds Sound Art sound design soundscapes Sound science Stuart Gage The Quiet American Trimpin Urban soundscapes Wild The City World Forum For Acoustic Ecology