While I try my best to keep a constant stream of interesting and relevant articles gurgling through cyberspace, it’s hard to compete with the Acoustic Ecology Institute, a big player in the world of acoustic ecology online. The site covers every aspect of the field in serious depth. First and foremost, it deals with the science of acoustic ecology, linking to key papers and research as well as key individuals worldwide. It’s newsfeed is a must for anyone keen on staying up to date with developments in the world of acoustic ecology. It’s resources page provides links both for those who are interested in learning about acoustic ecology in more depth and for those wishing to include the subject as part of their classroom curriculum. Finally, the Soundscapes section looks more closely at artistic applications of sound and field recordings as well as linking to academic papers and research into sound and soundscapes.
- Australia launches world’s first continent-spannning acoustic observatory
- Oysters and scallops: no ears, but they still hate loud ocean noises
- Fishermen blasting “seal bombs” 30,000 times a month off Southern California
- SD county learns that 2000ft setbacks not quite enough
- VT legislature accepts turbine noise limits, drops setback requirement
- Finally, FAA is sued for resisting required air tour plans
- Shipping, conservation expand in the Arctic
- SD farm country adopting larger turbine setbacks
- BLM to reassess motorized recreation in Utah’s red rock country
- Why do we subject endangered orcas to ANY commercial whale-watching?
Tag Itacoustic ecology Acoustic Ecology Institute Almo Farina Animals. Sound Design Attention Philanthropy Autumn Lyn Radle Bernie Krause biodiversity Chris Watson commercial soundscapes Doppler engineered ambience field recording film Hildergaard Westerkamp Inception John Cage Late Reflections manufactured emotions Murray Schafer Music niche hypothesis podcast Resources Save Our Sounds Sound Art sound design soundscapes Sound science Stuart Gage The Quiet American Trimpin Urban soundscapes Wild The City World Forum For Acoustic Ecology